At the initial interview, the attorney will ask you for the following information.
- What medical problems do you need financial assistance for?
- What is your monthly income?
- What financial assets do you own?
- Excluding holidays and special occasions (e.g. birthdays), have you made any gifts during the last five years? If so, to whom how much was gifted?
- What insurance do you have?
- Are you a Veteran? If so, what benefits do you receive?
- Do you have a will, trust or power of attorney? If so, send a copy of it in advance of your appointment.
- Payment of Assisted Living and Nursing Home Bills Through the Medicaid Program.